Saturday, 9 June 2012

Custom Domain Name From Cheap Web Hosting Companies, Is it possible to get one?

Everybody knows that having a domain name is something important. I think it is prestigious to tell your friends that you no longer use .blogspot.com, but that you have graduated to the .com customized domain. 

 Registering a domain name is nothing difficult. In fact. it does not have to be expensive either. getcheapwebhosts.com is actually my first domain name registered at Namecheap. I had been looking for ways of getting myself online, at least professional. As a new blogger, you feel nervous when you imagine paying for a domain name yet you have not blogged even for a single day before.

I am sure that many will not advise you to do that. In fact I want to tell you the same thing. In my case, I have had a reason to do it, buy a domain for the first time and for a new blog. Besides, I have been ghostwriting articles for clients for the last one year which means that writing is not a problem to me. I can write over ten articles a day. This also mean that I will be able to update my blog daily. I will not stop ghostwriting yet.

What I had wanted is to be professional from the word go. It may seem like wasting money, but what is $10 for one year. It is simply a small fee to pay. This is the amount you pay when you buy your domain name through blogger. I would still get one even if it ways costing a lot.

When you buy through blogger, you stand the benefit of having simple settings. However, it was not easy for me to get one through blogger because I was not allowed to use my Paypal. I did not have money in other accounts. Besides, I do not own a credit card. 

Using Namecheap not only gave me a chance to use paypal, but it also gave me the challenge of learning how to set the DNS and email forwarding for the first time, something I had never done before. I am actually learning more through blogger and I believe that with time, I will be able to do a lot  on my blog in terms of design and posts.

Now that I have a domain name, the next thing for me is making sure that this blog is busy with well written articles. I am not a native speaker, but I will try my best to post only good articles here. The other thing is that I am not planning to hire a writer for this blog, may be latter. So far, I have written the few posts in this blog have been and I believe that they are sounding great. In fact, I would not mind writing for others if they need my services.

Without saying so much of what I have done and what I will be doing, let us stop here and continue with the story again soonest. However, I would not want to stop without mentioning that namecheap domain is only worth $10.89 slightly above what you pay when you buy through blogger. Moreover, you get good customer support which is a good thing for me as a newbie in this area.

In fact, I ask for assistance late in the night and they we ready to answer my chat and gave me direction on what to do next. I am happy with that. If you want to get a cheap domain name outside blogger, get get to namecheap website here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this article, leave a comment